Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer settings reverting to default? Something to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickSpr

MIS
Jan 4, 2001
US
I just read in another post, in another forum, that there is a known bug that causes printer settings to revert to defaults when a report is opened. There have been a couple of posts here recently asking for help with this, and I didn't see any solutions given, so let me repeat what I read.

Thanks to Tek-Tips member RYankowitz for the following tip. If you want to give him a star, his post is about halfway down in Thread702-206410. (You may also be interested in the main subject of the thread--a quick and easy method to dramatically speed up form opens.)

----------------------------------

There is a bug in Access 2000 which causes the printer settings for a report to revert to their defaults when the "Perform Name Autocorrect" feature is enabled. To make things more insidious, the problem only occurs the second time the report is previewed.

The document at the following address, on the Microsoft Support site, explains it all:

The quick fix is to uncheck "Perform Name Autocorrect" (Tools, Options, General Tab). The permanent fix is to download Office 2000 Service Release 1/1A (just a small 20mB download).

Thanks Rick, Will give a star. I have tried downloading the service pack twice before and ended up re-installing office as it became unstable. I am reluctant to try again ¿Any advice?

I ran SR1A for years and don't remember any problem I would think of as "unstable". Perhaps you should describe the problem--though it would probably fit better in the Microsoft Office forum, unless it's specific to Access.

In any case, turning off Name AutoCorrect should solve the problem for any given database. Unless you really rely on NAC, that's way quicker and easier than upgrading to SR1A. (Service Pack 3 is the latest update; it requires SR1A be installed first.)

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back