Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer "ready" status

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedea

MIS
Jul 13, 2004
US
Does anyone know why the printer does not display (in the Windows printer folder) as ready? I have the same printer installed on 2 different print servers. One shows ready, the other doesn't.........same physical printer. Both will print, but if the one that doesn't display "ready" is set as default, WordPerfect occasionally hangs printing from other apps. So I'm trying to figure out how to make it display "ready

If this is a parallel port printer the print ready is asserted on one of the 36 pins and the failure is in the print server itself in that it doesn't forward that to the print service on the computer.

Possibly part of the setup in the one that is failing.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

These are network printers, not parallel. The ready status is failing in certain printers on both print servers, particularly the HP 2430 printers. Not surprising, I've had a lot of trouble with the 2430 print drivers.

Are you using discrete drivers or have you tested any of the latest UPD drivers ?
Also bidirectional mode in the driver usually has to be enabled for the printer to send feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back