Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beawulf

Technical User
May 2, 2003
AU
hi!,

I have Win2K setup here at home with multi profiles (Powerusers) for family logon.

My problem is that the LEXMARK Z12 Printer can ONLY be accessed by the Administrator and my own profile, nobody else can print.

The shares have been set to allow,
Administrator
Creator Owner
Everybody
Powerusers

The permissions,
Print
Manage Documents

Where the hell have I gone wrong?????????.

I would try making everyone an administrator temporarily to add the appropriate files then remove them after the printer installs to their profile

I assume that this is a local and not a network printer. By installing the printer under the administrator account is should allow everyone else to access it (if it is a local printer). If not I would try logging in under the other user names and "add new printer" if need be use the "run as" (administrator) shortcut to install it in there accounts.
If it is a network printer, make sure that it is shared, and that you have file and print sharing enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back