Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Problems - Yellow will not print

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvgol

Technical User
May 17, 2002
US
I have a HP Deskjet 648c. I did a ink refil on cartridges (color and Black). Now the printer will not print with yellow ink and the other colors are not quite right. I change the cartridges to new ones, but it will not print with the yellow ink.

I`m not very familiar with this printer but I have had a similar problem which was caused by a bad connection on the ink cartidge itself. have you tried a printer self test? If your unsure....Dont do it!

The heads of the inkcartridge may be dirty if you clean them with your software it may fix it or try cleaning them with a cotton bud this my work.

Clean the contacts that touch the cartridge when inserted into the holder.
They can become insulated with dried ink gundge. Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

The exact thing happened to me. It turned out to be something with the ink cartridge, because once I replaced it the problem went away.

And clean everything before you put cartridges in - it's really a good habit to practice in the first place.

Thanks for all the help. All the suggestions lead me to the answer(Broken circuit on the flex ribbon to the color cartridge). tvgol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back