Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer problems.......still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custerd

Technical User
May 7, 2002
GB
Trying to reinstall a Lexmanrk Z51 on Windows 2000.

Double clicking on the Add Printer Icon - a message appears:

Printer Operation Cannot Continue due to lack of Resources. The printer subsystem is not available.

The Spooler Service isn't running, although it is set to Automatic. When you try to start it you get the following:

Could Not Start the Printer Spooler on the local machine.

Error 1068 - The dependancy or Group failed to start.

Now, the machine did have the W32.Klex virus on it, but I'm happy it's been cleared - Norton 2002 seems to be working OK.

The dependancy service is running (RPC).

Have tried all the usual things, but since I can't even check drivers/etc I am stuck.

Any idea?

Useful - but not the right fix......the three .dll's were all listed - but were the only ones....

I feel the document is on the right lines though.....as it described the problem almost 100%, and I really thought it would work.

Thanks anyway - anyone else?

From the Event Log: Event ID 7001 - Service Control Manager

The Print Spooler service depends on the LexBce Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
Print Spooler is not a valid Win32 application.

Error 7000:

The LexBce Server service failed to start due to the following error:
LexBce Server is not a valid Win32 application.

Application Logs:

ID37: WMI ADAP was unable to load the winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem within the library: 0x0

WMI ADAP was unable to load the perfproc.dll performance library due to an unknown problem within the library: 0x0

Just a long shot, have you installed the latest service packs.

Even though you don't need to reinstall service packs in win2k (unlike NT), I would still reinstall them. New Zealand, a great place to visit.

It's SP1 already cd installation was SP1....will try it though.

copy lexbces.exe from a working machine and paste to C:\winnt\system32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back