Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

edie209

MIS
Sep 18, 2000
I don't know if anyone can help but we have a problem with an intel 3 port print server and a HP 930c printer. It was printing well then all of a sudden it will spool to 4k then hang. Rebooting the print server sometimes clears the problem, but it always comes back. Nt is on sevice pack 6,

I have spoken to HP tech support and there are no issues with networking the 930c.

Anyone have any ideas........Please

Thanks

Edie209

If you say you rebooted the printserver, do you main the NT- or the intel printserver?
I had also a lot of issues with an intel printserver. They where solved by upgrading all the computers that connected to the intel printserver and the intel printserver to the latest version of the intel-driver.

How are you printing to this printserver, I hope hou have the intel-drivers installed, and that you are not printing via UNC-name to the intel printserver. This doesn't work very well (typically the 4K spooling-problem)

Hope this helps

Hi I rebooted the intel server, and I have used the drivers off the cd ,are there any newer ones? print server was bought this month.

Thanks Edie209

I think you will be able to find your drivers here:

But more important is ow you print to the printserver.
Do you use 1 NT printserver and do all the clients print to this server after he sends it (with an intel-protocol) to the Intel server?
Or, do all the client print directly to this intelserver?

David

Thanks for the reply think I have sorted it today it was using the UNC-Name I have now changed to LPR and all seems fine ..........Well at the moment

Thanks
Edie209

I have printer difficulties also (not sure if this is appropriate here - apologies if it should be a new item). I have W95/W98/WinNT users on WinNT4-sp4 network. Printer server runs on main server (ie, not a separate physical machine). Sometimes users (seem to be only the WinNT workstations) cannot print to network printer (standalone HPs w/cards). Have several printers - to date, only one printer involved.

On server, printer que is clear and status green. When user has problem, accessing the printer sattus shows 'Access denied' comment at top of dialog box. Trying to print a test page fails. Rebooting the user clears the problem but will recur (sometimes 2-3 times in a day, then ok for weeks). Have not been able to associate any other condition with this situation. Any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back