Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer.Pagesize

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDELISLE

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2002
CA
Hello,

I'm using the Printer.pagesize object to select the correct printer page size before printing with a Shell. Using Windows XP Pro Sp1 with VB 6 Sp5, everything working fine in developement environnement.

I Deploy my prog on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0 with the same network, printer, Spooler and drivers. The printer don't want print with the size I selected. The printer print on his default selected pagesize. I'm not able to select the correct page. I don't receive any error message.

Anybody have an Idea ???

Printer settings are not global. If I change printer settings in one program they do not effect other instances of the same or different programs. If you are printing via SHELL then you should look at passing in printer arguements to the SHELLed program and having it do the printer settings based on what you pass in otherwise it will use the printer defaults.

Hope I've been helpful,
Wayne Francis

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Thanks you. I will try to find how select my pagesize with a shell or print with VB

S.D.

I'm using this code to print via VB 6.0

' Select my printer pageSize
Printer.PaperSize = 3
Printer.Orientation = 1

' Print
nForm = frmMDI.ActiveForm.Tag
nMaxPage = pdDoc.GetNumPages()
r = AcroExchAVDoc(nForm).PrintPages(0, nMaxPage, 1, 0, 0)

* This Works correctly on Developpement Computer but if I install it on a End-Customer computer. It's print but with the incorrect pagesize.

Any Body have an Idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back