Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer not printing everything (stopping/freezing)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbozic

Technical User
May 20, 2002
US
I have an HP deskjet722c and it printed fine in win 98. If I install either win xp or win 2000 the printer doesn't want to print the whole document. It starts and then stops after a few lines (like it's frozen), but sometimes it actually can print up to two pages, it depends. It's not like the system freezes, everything is fine, it's just that the printer becomes unresponsive after a few seconds. After turning the printer off it spits out the (unfinished) page and is ready for printing again, but the same printing problem persists. I do have the latest/appropriate driver, and everything is connected properly. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :) Nenad.

On xp they have a new type of driver that has a special signature saying it is compatibly with xp if it is not compatible with xp it may work a little but will mess up every now and then - Make sure you have the driver for the specific operating system other wise it wont work. DavidDude00@Daw Corp, 1999-2002
%
DavidDude00@Aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back