Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpmessed

MIS
Nov 8, 2004
CA
I am trying to install my printer onto my computer after installing SP2 and doing some clean up, when i try and install I get an error saying that my printer spool is not running. When I try and start my print spool I get the following error
Error 1068: The dependiency service or group failed to start.

can anyone help

Download Giant Antispyware from it comes with a free 14 day trial. Use this to check and make sure you are ad/spyware free. It would also be worth following the general advice at to make sure you are clear of everything.

Once you are happy that you are malware free, Make sure the Print Spooler service is installed on started. Also make sure you replace the autoexec.nt file again as discussed in the article you followed before.

Make sure the driver is fully uninstalled and then restart your machine.

Visit the Printer manufacturers website and make sure you have the most current driver version and install it.

Then let us know how it goes.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

FYI Giant was purchased by Microsoft and the link to giantcompany leads the users nowhere..

Thank you, I did try the Giant link and was lead nowhere. So, I went to Greg Palmer's site and used the links to scan for viruses and was happy to find that I only had three. I moved the Autoexec.NT to the system32. I then tried to install the printer and was able to go through the whole process. I recieved the window that tells you that it has be sucessful and everything is good but still the same error message about the error during install that I mentioned in the above thread.
still trying.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back