Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Icon in Notification Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricua3205

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
Problem is the little temporary printer icon that should display in the Notification Area when I print does not appear at all. I have checked all settings I can think of, from the Taskbar properties, to Printer Properties, to Print Server properties to get this to work...

Any ideas??

P.S, Windows XP with Novell Client 4.5.

Well, maybe it is and you don't get a chance to see it? If you are using a network printer the only time you will see that notification is when the print job is still spooling, before it sends it to the print queue. So, maybe the job leaves your computer before the icon can show up, and it quits right away. If you have the printer open when you print a job you will notice it only stays in the properties a few seconds.
If you are looking for a notification that your print job is done then look at the "default capture" properties page on the Novell client.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

I've already thought of that, i've sent a print job that I know takes a while to spool and still I don't see it....

I've also tried the default capture properties on the Novell Client, that doesn't notify either.

thanks

Hi!

I'm having the same problem with the printer icon missing
( Windows XP sp1 )

Did you find out how to turn it on?

Br David Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back