Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbt1234

Technical User
Jun 25, 2004
US
I have an access database that is on a shared drive. When one of the users tries to print a certain report it always goes to a network printer and not the user's printer. Even when the user selects the printer on LTP1, the report still prints on network printer. Other reports from the same database work fine (i.e. can be sent to local printer or network printer). I tried this myself and the report prints on whatever printer I select from my list of available printers (LPT1 or network). There is nothing in the code that points to a specific printer, so it would seem to be related to the user, somehow. Anybody?

Thanks in advance!
pbt1234

This is a really basic question, but have you checked the assigned printer in the report's Page Setup?

It is set at "Default Printer".

Thanks!
pbt1234

The problem was with the installation of the printer itself. Apparently the drivers and so forth were no properly installed. Uninstalled and re-installed and everything is fine. Thanks for your help!

pbt1234

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back