Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Driver Problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroG

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2001
US
I have a Win2K server that is acting as my Printer server and I have about 100 HP printers running on it. The problem is that I have 27 HP5Si MX printers with an 8-bin mailbox attachment. The server, with the HP Win2K drivers installed, cannot see the mailbox and therefore neither can the clients.

HP says there is no reason the HP-Win2K driver wouldn't keep the settings, but it wont (except for one 5Si that has kept the setting)!!!!!!!! >:-<

I'm pulling my hair out and have exhausted all of my ideas.

HELP!

The only thing I could think of at this time is to compare the ROM version in the printer that works versus those that don't - older?/newer?

Do you have a printing pool or are they set up as individual print devices? it looks like you you would benefit from this option.You have a very particular issue, I have never encountered this. If I get anything related I will be happy to let you know. DZ

HP has a patch that lets you install your printer as an IPX/SPX instead of useing TCP ect. You also might have your network look for there IP address If these printers have there own print server. Talk to HP rep a little. Or better yet ask them if you can speak with a Tec2 level Trouble shooter. HP will work with you till the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back