Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer availability on ZFD4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LE25TP

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2002
GB
Since upgrading to ZFD4, we reimage a PC OK, but then get spooler errors when the associated print drivers should be downloaded. The PCs are running Win98. We are having to go to the PC and install the printer manually.

Any ideas please?

I don't think it has anything to do with ZEN. There were some documented problems with the spooler on Win9x.

If I recall, you can make the spooler load automatically at startup and then things will work. Or maybe it's the other way around. Pretty sure that Novell has some TID's in their Knowledgebase.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Print Spooler problems.....I had this problem after we upgraded the Client on the workstation to 4.83 and went to Windows XP workstations. As I did some research in Novell, there is a TID to correct this. I actually had the TID number at my desk at work. Take a look around in Novell, but the fix is for the 4.83 client. There are about 12 or so files I believe you must update on the workstation. After you do that the problem goes away. We put a zen app together to automatically push it out on workstations on the network so this error would disappear. I have had this in place for three months now and I haven't had anymore spooler errors since.

I can't recall if I updated my Tek-Tips or not on resolution, but I had a thread on this topic back late last year or early this year that might be helpful. You might want to search for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back