Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print two records per page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjzielinski

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2001
US
I am trying to print 1099's for filing to the IRS. There are two forms per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, so I set up my report to be 5.5 tall. However, I cannot override my margins to be top and bottom at 0, they default to 0.166. This prevents two records from being printed on one sheet. When I make the detail section smaller (my actual detail doesn't come anywhere near any edge of the paper), I cannot get the bottom record to line up in the boxes, it is about 1/4" too high. I have increased the detail section as far as it will go and still print two records. I have a feeling it's the margins, so I either need help getting them to 0's, or figuring out how to print a 5.5" form twice on one sheet of paper. Thanks.

Bill Zielinski
County of Midland, Michigan

In your Page Setup make a custom page that is a little bit larger then the real page.

Pampers [afro]
You never too young to learn

I don't have a custom page option. Must be my printer driver, I have a HP 4200. Selecting other printers gives me more options, but the office that will be printing this report also has a 4000 series HP. Will changing the paper size cause prompting on the printer?

Bill Zielinski

Hi bjzielinski,
Hmmm. How about changing the papersize for your report to legal? And then set the margins so they will fit for your letter-format. It is just an idea, maybe it works

Pampers [afro]
You never too young to learn

Sorry, I haven't had any time to check this out. I have done what you said and it works great. It does prompt the printer to load legal size, but I just press Go and it prints on plain paper. This only needs to be done once a year so it's no big deal. They have to special load the 1099 forms anyhow. Thank you very much!

Bill Zielinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back