Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Troubles with Norstar Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabo21

Vendor
Dec 4, 2002
MX
I am having problems printing with the Norstar Flash, I just connect a Lasser printer directly to the port. The printer is on-line. I enter to te administration by F983, enter to the CCR area, push the print Softkey and in the display appears printing, but in the printer doesn´t print anything. I made another test with a serial cable conected to the serial port in a computer, and with an Hyperterminal session. Is there any manual to do this??? I have the factory manual, but they are no so good.

Best Regards,

A lazer printer wil not work, because there is no way to load the printer drivers. You can use any serial dot matrix printer.

Good Luck!!

Most any serial printer should work at 1200 baud, 8-N-1. Or you can dump reports into Hyperterminal and then print them out to your laser printer. Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

Almost any Laser Printer (not the cheap WinPrinter) should work. The only problem I can see if is the FLash sends less than a page, then the printer will wait for a form-feed before printing the page (that you can manually do from the control panel located on the printer).

I already did it on a laser printer and it worked perfectly. However, I'm willing to test again this week-end on the HL-1260 that just landed here.

Luc

what are the settings on hyper terminal in order to dump the flash reports for printing? Everytime I dump it, it displays a bunch of gibberish. Also, I don't want to sound dumb but what are serial printers? I've heard of USB and parallel..but not serial? Are these still in existance or legacy hardware?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back