Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print to USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilley

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
CA
Hi,

I am using VB 6 to create a simple program to print labels. I have no problem printing to an lpt1 or tcp port but am not successful in printing to a USB port. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shannon

Sorry I should have know that it was a constant, this is the first VB program I have written since college 5 years ago... Its all coming back to me now. I need to brush up on a lot of things...

Thanks for all your help!

One more thing, I set up a command button to cancel printing using printer.killdoc.

Any idea why it still doesn't cancel the printing?

Only a guess but it may be that data is already in the printer's print buffer and the Printer Reset that KillDoc issues isn't being processed until the stuff in the print buffer has been printed.

Look here for an overview of KillDoc.

Thanks, about the printer port loop.. Actually it still isn't working. It worked on my 98 machine but not on my XP machine...

very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back