Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print to PDF using Office 03, XP, and PDF 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswilson16

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
US
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I had an application that was working great with Office 2000, Windows 2000 and PDF 5.0. I have now upgraded to Office03, XP, and PDF 6.0 and it is no longer working. It is quite a simple task that i want to do. All I need to do is save a report to PDF.

I have looked up and down for a solution to this. the closest that I have got is FAQ703-2533 but that still doesn't work. It doesn't change the Default printer to PDF and then back to the original. It just stays with the original.

Could some body please help me with this.

Thanks

Mswilson

If the PDF printer created on each workstation has the same default name (Adobe PDF), then one solution might be to amend the page setup on the report to use this specific printer. Therfore, no need to amend registry to set up a different printer as a default.

that cant work, because some computers are still using PDF 5.x which means that it can be called PDF Distiller (I think). Also the odd computer is using windows 2k still.

What I need is some code that will check the OS and then create the PDF file according to the PDF.

that cant work, because some computers are still using PDF 5.x which means that it can be called PDF Distiller (I think). Also the odd computer is using windows 2k still.

What I need is some code that will check the OS and PDF version and then create the PDF file according to the PDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back