Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print to Kyocera color photocopier/printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

merimain

Technical User
Aug 4, 2006
US
I have just set up a kyocera color photocopier/printer. The qualify of the graphics are excellent if I use it as a photocopier.

When using it as a printer for an InDesign layout, the quality is not as good as with my HP photo printer. The text and background colors are superb, but the graphics are to bright, contrast to high, and detail is not as good as I think it should be. I also tried just printing in Photoshop and thought it was a little better.

Can anyone help me with what specific settings I should use to print to a color photocopier? Thanks

Hi,

Are you connected directly to the device or does it go through a print server? We just had a similar quality issue and finally got it resolved by routing directly to the printer. Apparently the print server was processing the CMYK data on some pages back to RGB.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back