Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print spooler not starting(3rd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
US
Ok, I can't believe you can't can't help me out. This is the 3rd post and no body feels up to figuring this out. I can not add a printer to my Win 2k Server environemtent. At this point the main symptom is a priont spooler service that is disabled. The option to start it is grayed out. Where do I start to look to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Richard

Look and see if the LPT ports are showing a conflict in device manager. If no conflict try new drivers for the printers.

If the service says disabled in the services applet then it must have its startup option changed to manual or automatic before you will have an option to start the service. Otherwise, what other details can you provide? Are you generating any errors in the Event viewer, etc?

Thanks for heling, both of you. I'm all set now. For some reason I thought I had check the manual setting. This time it let me change that and let me start teh service. I can finally install a printer. Thansks!

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back