Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print small font using clipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

engan

Programmer
Jul 15, 2001
ID
hi,

does anybody know how to print small font around 5 - 6 points from clipper program using epson dot matrix ?

Thanks

Eng An

Send chr(27)+chr(15) to set condensed printing, chr(27)+chr(18) to cancel. This sets to 17 characters per inch. Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

ian, i try this condens mode but the font is not small enough. What I want is like printing text using msword with 5-6 points.

engan

Look in the manual for your epson, There will be control codes for it. I think it is 18cpi that is the smallest on those printers. anyway, it is listed inside the book and on their website's support section.
Richard L. Hankins Jr.
Senior Programmer
Auction Services, Inc.

I remember using a NLQ program for an Epson MX80 a long time ago (late 80s!). I've found two shareware programs, but not the one I used. I guess printing will be VERY slow and I do not know how small they can print.

Give me an email address if you want to evaluate them.

What if you tried Superscript an subscript printing, sending only a Chr(13) (Cr) between the first 2 lines, then a CrLf, two lines separated by Cr and after the second line another CrLf again.
This way you print very small, and double the number of lines you would normally get... s-)
HtH
TonHu

I print a small identification code on the bottom of forms to track not only the pc in use but also the program version:

@line,col say chr(27) + "x" + chr(0) // set draft mode
@line,col say chr(27) + "g" // sets 15 pitch
@line,col say your_string

Once the code has printed, I return to my original pitch with

@line,col say chr(27) + "M" // sets to 12 pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back