Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print settings in InDesign CS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellinifan

Technical User
Dec 30, 2004
US
I'm using InDesign CS for Windows.
I rip to an Agfa Accuset 1500 Viper-Rip.
In PageMaker all the features of the printer are in the features menu and when I specify a 133 line / 2400 res. it overrides the default of the Agfa and prints fine.
However, in InDesign there is no ppd features menu so I go to printer setup to set the resolution. I can set the custom linescreen in Indesign. However it never overides the default. Is there a ppd issue with printing from InDesign? If I want a 133 line/2400 res (instead of the default of the printer which is 85 line/1200) I have to make a pdf of the InDesign doc and place in PageMaker and then print at the proper resolution. I shouldn't have to do that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Marcus. Didn't try the in-rip seps before and that looks like what I need. You were a big help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back