Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Server Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2010
US
Hi everyone.
I m having an issue, i used a MS utility so i can move a print server over to a new server. I did a backup running the utility on server1, then i ran the utility on server2 and did a restore of printer.cab. So far these are the problems:
1. There are both printers showing in AD when adding a printer.
2. On the new server the printers say offline. I right click and say use pritner online, it gives me a message: operation couldnot be completed. (on all printers)

Did i do something wrong? what is the best way to do this.

To add a note, sorry, i didnt specify printmig 3.1. Also for some reason i cannot connect from the source server via printmig

Thank you in advanced.

The way i did it was on Server1 did a backup to the desktop using printmig 3.1. Then i went to server2 and did a restore.

The queues do not go online for some reason

It seems as the printer ports do not move over automatically so i will need to add the ports??

Thank you for all your help sniper. I notice by creating the tcp/ip port on server2, it works. How would i remove the old printers or remap user to the new print server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back