Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print SCRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nro

Programmer
May 15, 2001
CA
Hi

Is it possible to simulate Print SCRN and send the image of the current form to a printer ?. I don't want the user to use the Print Scrn key. I want a button to do that. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Nro

You may try either:
DoCmd.RunCommand.acCmdPrint
or:
DoCmd.RunCommand.acCmdQuickPrint

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks PH.

But it's not exactly what I want. These command print the form as a report. What I want to do is to print the 'Image' of the user screen.

Nro

Depending on what else you have on screen at the moment, here's the general idea for what you specifically want to do:

1) Select the record that's being displayed on the form
2) Print the form, using the PrintOut action, which has a 'Form' modifier.

I think I've used the FILTER method to select the current record, then print the form, then remove the filter. It's been a while, but I think that's what you should probably check out....

Jim

--------------------------------------
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman
More Access Help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back