Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Report problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddiMond

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
What could be the problem if a report displays the right numbers on the screen, but if you click print reports, it prints a report displaying wrong numbers? I want to print exactly what is displayed on the screen. I have a button; I click in the form view to print the report. There are two selection parameters in the form. I did not put any special code into the print report button. Do I have to do something with print currentrecord?

Thanks,

Maddi

Maybe I was too unspecific.

In the form, the database users have to choose an employee name from a drop-down menu, they also have to choose a month form a drop-down menu. These two parameters determine what will be seen on the report.
Once these tow parameters have been chosen, the users can either click on preview report or print report. Both open and print report open the same report. In the header of the report, there are two invisible fields that contain reference to what has been chosen in the form (month and employee).
A user now told me that if he previews the report, the numbers are correct, but if he hits print report, the number in one field is different from the number in the same field in the previewed report. Why should there be a difference?
Thanks.

Maddi

Are you closing the form at any point while the report is displayed or after?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back