Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Quark-Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolgerN

Technical User
Sep 2, 2006
US
Hi

Quark can not print .eps-Files?
I used the Picture Box with an .eps-File.
The guy who prints our flyers want to have this files.
But how can i check my own layout before?
How can i print my file?
I am using WinXP and Quarkxpress 6.5.

...utilities > usage needs to list your pictures as ok...

...do a file>collect for output to gather all elements used in your document and send to the output provider...

andrew

Did you create the eps file? What program was it created in? Do you get an error or does it just look bad? If you don't have a PostScript printer, eps files will look terrible when printed from Quark, but as long as it's OK in Usage your service provider should be fine.

@apepp + signal49

Usage is listing the pictures as ok.
Collect for output?; i only need that when my output provider want the information, right?
I created the eps files on my own. (Photoshop 6.0)
-placed in picture box at 100%
-300 dpi
-cmyk
I installed the Adobe Post Script Printer but i still get an Error.

ERROR: rangecheck
OFFENDING COMMAND: image

STACK:

( )
-mark-
-savelevel-

I don't know what that means.
All what i want is to print the files on my local printer (now Post Script Printer) here in the office.

Thank you

Holger

Hi HolgerN
I have trouble with EPS sometimes on my HP laser jet, sometimes I export job as .pdf and print from there, you might try that
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

As you may already have guessed, an 'image' error points to a problem with one of the bitmap images in your file.

You can easily check this from applications like XPress that allow you to print jobs without the images. If the PostScript error doesn't occur then, you can start trying to locate the bad image. Set half of your images to non-printing and try printing again. Again halve the amount of images and print again and keep doing this until you located the bad one.

...if you have only a few images then try resaving them again as eps or try a different format like tif...

..."typecheck" or "rangecheck", usually means you have tried printing a PostScript level 2 file to a PostScript level 1 device. Check your driversettings...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back