Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannanl

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
I am writing an application that will print bar code labels to a laser printer. The sheet format is 4 labels across and 10 vertically. I set up the program to print a form. I just placed several labels on the form and printed it. If I print in 800x600 I get only about 5 rows printed. If I change the res to 1024x768 I get all but the bottom 2 rows printed. That is as high a res as the monitors will go. I would like to use a different method to print but I can't get them to line up on the form. I believe its becuase the bar code font is not "true type" font. Does anybody have a good method for printing these: They only have 2 lines. Line 1 is the description of the item and line 2 is the actual bar code, such as:

Widget Widget2 Widget3
Bar code here Bar code here Bar code here

Thanks in advance.

Shannan

Concider creating a preview form with a scrollable picturebox, then inside that picturebox you would have another picturebox that is set for an array. eg: picBar(0).

set the scalemode of picBar(index)and stretch it to the sizes you need.

Multiply picBar(index) and have each one line up for the row and then down.

There's a little fiddling around to get it right but it's worth the effort in the long run. You wont need to change res'. Simply send the page then to the printer in that order.

Your request is very simular to what I had to do with my business card applcation.

If you need more info' let me know.

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew, I will try this and let you know how it worked.

Thanks,

Shannan

It looks like you're using the PrintForm method of the Form. You may find difficulties with resolution of the bar code bar widths. I would look into using the Print method of the Printer object. It's straightforward to use with no resolution issues for bar codes, and doesn't rely on any particular screen resolution

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back