Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print preview instead of PrintOut? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I currently use
Code:
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
    DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection

So people can do screen prints of DB records, only they print in colour and I have received a request to change this.

However, I can't seem to find an option to PrintPreview, instead of PrintOut?

Is this possible?

Thanks,
1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

It's not a report. It's a screen print of the current record on the main form that is open.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Hmm, I'd have to make lots of reports for all the tabs, as the main form is a tab control with a whole heap of embeded sub forms.

Not worth it, we will simply tell staff that before they do a 'print screen' they must first select one of the black & white laser's as their default printer first.

Thanks anyway for the reply Duane!

Not sure if it works as haven't done form screens like that, but what if the users chose to print to PDF then it would show on screen instead of going to the printer?

To print to PDF they would need to select the PDF printer as their default printer prior to pressing the 'print screen' button, so they might as well just select the B&W printer.

I'd try to play with the Printers and Printer object.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back