Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Preferences Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

boab1965

Technical User
Nov 4, 2005
GB
I've just installed our new DesignJet 1050c+ Plotter, installed the printer driver on the server shared the queue and setup the print preferences on the server for the default settings.

I amended our login script to add the printer connection. Thanks porkchopexpress.

Now the problem. On the users machines the print preferences aren't what I setup but the default settings of the print driver.

I was always under the impression that the users got the setting from the server unless it was locally installed.

Anyone got any ideas why this could happen or is it normal behaviour?

Thanks

Robert

I tried the same thing with a printer we dedicated to printing envelopes. I wanted to lock it to the 2nd tray with the special drawer, but the settings did not propogate down to the workstations, and was told that was by design. I had to create a custom Word template that changed the settings just for the envelope jobs. You may be able to create such an item, depending on the software you are using with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back