Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print over size document from Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upkar

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
US
HI

I having trouble with printing oversize document from quark !!!! If anyone can help me on this.

The problem is that my paper size is 8.5" X 11" and my document size is 7.87" X 11.75", which is 0.75" more in hieght. And when i print from quark it fits whole page in printing area, which i don't want. I don't care if its chops off at top and bottom.
I already tried not fit to page and clip to bleed. didn't work

Upkar

surely there must be a shrink to fit option checked somewhere

Duncan

Do you want your entire 7.87" X 11.75" printed on 8.5x11 or will you be pasting pieces together, ie: bottom portion chopped off?
In your QX doc with command+R (your ruler turned on), go to the top left of window where you see a box with cross hairs.
Drag that down to just outside of the top and left of your document

In the Print/Page Setup window,see if you can find a "tiling" option under Document set up. Choose "Manual (or Automatic if you have a very long doc.)" tiling.
See print Preview box. This will tell you what area of the page will print. Once you have this where you want it, if printed out OK, go back to the QX doc, grab the crosshairs again and drag it to the bottom portion of the doc you want printed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back