Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Multiple forms at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDSMAS200

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2007
US
Is there a way to setup multiple forms to print at once in MAS?

Here is an example: We have a Invoice, Picking Sheet and Packing sheet. What we would like to do is when we print the invoice, it will print the pick sheet and the packing sheet in sequence after the invoice has printed. This will help prevent a ton of repetitive steps to just print out 3 forms.

Any ideas, tips and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike S

Multi-part will only allow you to send the same form to multiple printers. I recommend adding the picking and packing lists to your Invoice in Crystal Reports. Therefore all 3 will print for each order at the same time.

I have done this for clients and it works great for them.

Yes and no. Yes but you would have to recreate the forms from scratch. No because the forms are based on "works" tables that either do not exist or are not populated until the program behind them is run. So if you print Invoices the program populates the invoice works table but you cannot print the same picking and packing slip at the same time because the program that runs the picking and packing slip printing is not being called so the tables are not populated. The forms would be blank.

Im not adverse to recreating the forms from scratch. Sure, the canned ones are nice, but I have no problems not using them.

How do I get multiple forms to print from one crystal report? Do I have to do some type of linking, or sub reports?

Thanks for the information so far!

Mike S

If your printouts are similar in nature, you can use the multi-part forms and suppress certain fields based on the part that is printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back