Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Manager crashes repeatedly/intermittantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2002
US
I have a Windows 95 OSR2 machine. I have already run windowsupdate on it.

It has MS Client for MS Networks and MS Client for Novell Networks along with NetBEUI, IPX/SPX, and TCP/IP protocols installed (hybrid network exists).

I issue is that several times (in no pattern) applications crash when printing. When I opened the Printers folder, no printers are present (all printers are Novell network printers). Upon rebooting the PC, the printers are there and printing works fine.

Is there any specific reason that you're not running the Novell version of the network logon client?

Try installing this, then add Novell Distributed Print Services to your network options.

Well, this machine has been setup 1.5years ago. This problem started about 2 months ago. Nothing has been changed on the PC except the WindowsUpdate (which was done after the issue surfaced in hopes to resolve the issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back