Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print jobs stucks - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blancoj17

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2004
US
Team,
I have the following problem:
When my users connecto to our MetaFrameXP server (wk2003), use any application, print and then do not logoff properly from this application theirs last print job get stuck on this user printer'a queue and never gets deleted. If the user close the application gratefully then there is not problem. The only way to get delete this job is to stoped the printer spooler and then start it all over again and this is a nightmare because we can not have a person dedicated to perform this nonsense task. What I am doing wrong here, I am missing anything. I already verify all my settings including permision, that last thing that I did this morning was to force everyone to use the UPD.

Help, I need help my users are already screaming...

Thank You in adavance....

Juan the desparate.......

Unfortunately this is by design. It is hard to make users understand that they need to logoff "gracefully". Resetting the spooler is usually the only way. You can setup a scheduled job to stop/restart the spooler service, so you don't have to have somebody dedicated to this function.

We had a tremendous amount of printing problems after upgrading to Metaframe-XP. Our network contains a vast amount of printer vendors including; Xerox, Canon, HP, OkiData, Brother, ect. I was having the exact same problem with the print jobs locking up. I also had the regular issue of the print spooler stopping on its own from multiple print jobs locking it up. What we ended up doing to resolve this issue is creating ONLY local HP LaserJet series II printers on the server. All the printers, no matter what the brand uses this driver on the server, and I map the port to the citrix client after the printer is created. After doing this, I have had no printer jobs locking up and the spooler is not locking up either.
We also found a list of approved printers that was published by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Most all of the printers that we employ, are not on this list. Here is a copy of the link to the site. Hope this helps you.
config-adams/citrix-printers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back