Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Jobs Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandyw

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
AU
Sorry to ask what is probably an easy question..... I have recently rebuilt my NT4 server as Windows 2000. We have 6 printers, of which 3 are HP 2100TNs. Every print job is being logged for these printers, even after they have printed successfully, and sometimes the jobs are printed again for no reason, often when I manually delete them. This problem is not happening with my other HP printers so I don't think it can be a problem with Windows 2000 server. I can't see any where to change the print job logging setting in the 2100 printer driver. I don't really feel like reinstalling the driver because I had to physically attach one of the printers to the server so that I could configure the tray locking. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I think this is what you're getting at, but not entirely sure. Try: Start, Settings, Printers, File, Server Properties, Advanced.

Then uncheck "Log spooler information events"

-gbiello

Thanks but I got my answer from the hp forum. The problem is particular to a couple of models of hp printers including the 2100s. The solution is to disable bi-directional support on the Ports tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back