Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Inverse Text - Black Background, White Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSDESIGN

Programmer
May 11, 2003
US
I'm looking for dot matrix printer command codes which would print white letters in a black background. It could be used to differentiate an invoice from a quote.

It would be used as in the following example for printing double wide, double height, and bold text:

* 2 LINES HIGH, DOUBLE WIDE
??? CHR(27)+"W1"
??? CHR(27)+"V1"
??? CHR(27)+"G"

@ 47, 19 SAY "QUOTE"

??? CHR(27)+"W0"
??? CHR(27)+"V0"
??? CHR(27)+"H"

Thanks for the continuing support...

Your example looks like they might be Epson control codes - double-strike was ESC+G which agrees with your
CHR(27)+G for bold. I'm afraid I've chucked all my Epson manuals but the codes will be on the web somewhere.

Geoff Franklin

Just had flashbacks to my teenage years...
Yes those are Epson control codes.

I don't recall "invert" as being a control code. When I did it, I set the printer to graphics mode and set the bytes by hand.

Have you tried another method such as setting underlining and/or italics on/off ?

Thanks for all of the suggestions....

I did find a 573 page manual from Epson on control codes without any comment about inverse printing.... See EPSON ESC/P Reference Manual December 1997.

Maybe I was just dreaming....

I've decided to use the code above and repeat it across the sheet about two positions apart....

Again, thanks...
Bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back