Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Immediate 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cglass

MIS
Jul 26, 2001
CA
We are running Xe and are looking for solutions to have UBE's run in batch printed immediately to a FormScape print queue. Unfortunately, JD Edwards does not have this capability in Xe (it does in ERP 9) and I am looking for solutions to allow for this functionality. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been offered solutions using table triggers (which I am not familiar with) and using the Send Print Request business function.

Have you gotten an answer for this. We are on XE as well, and we are trying to set up printing from OneWorld. We have been using this from the World side and it is working good. Do we need to create an outq on the 400 for the UBE's to print to?

Thanks
Stephanie

Hi,

I have been trying to get a solution to this problem too - did you have any luck?

When you use RUNUBE you can specify "Print" for print immediate and also you can specify which printer the job should go to. You can have your printer set up to forward to a remote queue on a different server for other output management functions. We are doing this today in Xe and ERP89 with a product called Create!Form.

I saw richardsdd's posting which was very helpful. We do use CreateForm! and would like to use the RUNUBE. Can you provide me the syntax for the "print" (Print Immediate) in the RUNUBE command? Is there an issue about the default printer for CreateForms! If you can give an example, that will be most helpful.

Here is the syntax:

runube JDE JDE DV7333 R0006P XJDE0001 QB7333 Batch Print Save printer1

Good luck!

Dan

Hey Dan (richardsdd),

I have tried to use the RUNUBE but I'm having some problems with the PRINT paramater. I don't see it as a part of the RUNUBE command. Is there something I'm missing? The RUNUBE command stream if you use F4 gives the following:

Label
User Profile
User Password
Environment
Version
Generate Spool file
Save after Printing
OneWorld Printer Name

This is all I get from the F4.

Is there somethign special with the print immediate to work? We did submit the job without the PRINT and it worked but we had to do a print again so it goes through Create Form.

In dire need here.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers,
Ray

Dan,

Just to qualify "print again so it goes through CF"... we had to go through One World and reprint.

Ray

The RUNUBE is not necessarily the best way of doing this, especially for scheduled batch jobs.

We created a business function. This business function is designed to be called by a trigger on the F986110 (job control master) table. It will extract the name of the report and verify it against F986167 (default printer) table for matching entries having the status set to PI (Print Immediate). If a record is found, it will send a print request to the host, thus simulating a "Print Immediate" job. Note that the PI status must be set up in UDC H98/ST.

We have not had any issues with this method of the print immediate. We are able to distinguish between users where documents are to be printed, but not yet for versions of reports - that's the next phase when we can get to it.

cglass,

What you are talking about sounds an a lot like a third party tool called AutoPrint. Which is made by Alex Pastuhov. You may want to talk to him about that product. It already has the functionality you are looking for.

Thank you so much for responding to my question.

We have implemented a different solution though which proved working. This solution is using a different server where the INI has been set to print immediate for any report that runs under this server.

We are still in our testing phase and I want to consider the solutions you have provided.

With respect to RUNUBE, we are still on Xe but the higher versions have a separate parameter for PRINT IMMEDIATE now. I have seen some SARS/white papers on this in the Knowledge Garden.

Again, thanks.

Richardsdd,

We have already implemented something similar to Alex's solution. I spoke to the original developer, who guided me in implementing the solution on our own as opposed to purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back