Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print from the Internet I get an error "I need to install a printer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeelq

MIS
Feb 19, 2003
US
I'm having a printing issue, when I try to print something from the Internet I get a "I need to install a printer first" error. I can print from word or excel with no problem. ?????

Adeelq,

What's the OS on the workstation, What's the Network (NDS,WIN,ect.)version and client version do you have?

Do you get a spoolsv.exe (or similar depending on OS)before you get your message.

Do your print(s) uninstall also?

Do you have to reboot. Try just restating the services as a work-around.

I am in troubleshooting hell right now at our company with our XP workstations printing to HPLJets 4000, 4050, 5si. When we print from GroupWise to print attachments and some web access type of printing also. We get a spoolsv.exe error and then they try printing again and give the same error you stated. What seems to work, if you have XP. Try using the Windows XP certified driver. Our novell broker is using the latest and greatest driver pakage from HP and we found the driver native to XP is newer than HPs. I dont know if this helps, but it may give you a direction.

jms5785
we've had some trouble with spool32 errors on win98-I eliminated spool folder and a couple of program files from virus scan (NAVCE). that's helped for a couple of weeks now.
I have no idea if that would be useful on xp, but thought i'd pass it on for when you run out of other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back