Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print form fits paper size

Status
Not open for further replies.

acjeff

Programmer
Aug 10, 2004
US
How could I print a VB6 form with full size on the printing paper, says, letter size? Hopefully I do not need to buy a 3rd party software. I am thinking about to enlarge each control and the form and then print it out and then resize them back to their original size. However, I do not want the user to see them changing on the screen. What can I do?

Jeff

What do you mean by "full size" exactly?

There are 14", 15", 17", 19", 21" etc. monitors and if a form is set to vbMaximized it will fill the screen on all of them. So what "full size" do you expect to see? and do you have a printer that will handle a 21" (diagonal) image?

[small]No! No! You're not thinking ... you're only being logical.
- Neils Bohr[/small]

In more details, I created a form which similates a word document for reporting. In runtime, I set its height equals the screen's height and its width = height * 0.7727 which is the same scale as a letter size paper and ,moreover, resize all controls to show on screen. Users can see the whole form on their screen, no matter what sizes their screen are.

Now my problem is when printing out to the printer for letter size papers, I want the form to fit on the paper, won't too big and won't too small, just like a Word document.

How can I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back