Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Engine Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kala1234

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
IN
Hi,

I have published all my reports in the Crystal Enterprise server which is running on Solaris.I have made all my reports to work on the default size(Letter Size). But when i click on the report i'm getting an error
Error encountered by Crystal PageServer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The error message returned is:

Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error [On Cache/Page Server: <servername>.pageserver]

Any pointers???

Thanks in Advance
Kala

I got similar error when report exceed 20k records if try to view in WIN2K. It worked if scheduled.

Ya..
even i made all of them working ,by scheduling or exporting directly to some other format. This error can be thrown if the backend code say, the stored procedure returns an error. At this time the Crystal cannot figure out the actual error and this error gets thrown...

I got a similar issue when my query resulted in an SQL Error-column not found...This got interpreted as Print Engine Error....Strange!!!!

rgds
Kala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back