Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Engine Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreako

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
NO
Hello!

I'm trying to run a report in Crystal Enterprise 8. It runs fine i Crystal Reports 8.5.
I get a long way in running it in CE8 too, but it stops at a certain point. It starts to run, I get to select the parameters. The I press View Report. the report displays the first page of the report,, but hwhen I want to vies page 2, then this error i displayed:

Error encountered by Crystal PageServer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error message returned is:

Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error [On Page Server: X.pageserver]

When i view in the log of the pageserver, this is what i find:

11:37:18 (952, 524), (1, 1, 33009), Info: assert failure (Y:\backend\jobserver\dlls\procreport\src\reportdllerrors.cpp699). (0 : PrintEngineErrorCode: 997).
Call Stack Dump: Not available

I have looked in the FAQ, but that error I think is for PrintEngineErrorCode: 685, or something like that!

I hav tried all that stands in the Faq, but with no positiv results. Can anybody help me with this problem?! Or at least give me a clue on where the problem lies!?

Thanx in advance!

andreako

Hi,

Check the version of crpe32.dll on the machine where crystal enterprise is installed. This problem is very generic. You need to figure out if this is happening with 1 report or all of the reports.
Crystal Decisions have a new crpe32.dll available which takes care of many issues related to print engine.

You should download and install latest Pageserver.exe, Cacheserver.exe, crpe32.dll to be consistenet with latest versions. I am sure having this lastest crpe32.dll will solve this print engine problem

Thanks,

Vishal

Hi!

Yes I get the same error when I view it in the eportefolio! I have also contacted Crystal Tech support on this, and they suggested to install two patches. Those patches is installed but didn't help. they updated pageserver.exe, and cachserver.exe, and they updated crpe32.dll.

I am out of ideas here. Any suggestions?!

Thanks in advance

andreako

Test this:
Schedule the report. If it runs and you can view the output, the error has to do only with the page server.

Does this report happen only with this report? Try another one, similar, same db connection.

You said you ran the report in Cr 8.5 - was that on the CE server? If not, install CR there and test the reprot thru CR. If it works, you can be resonably sure it's not the report.

Run the page server service under the same domain account that you used to log on to the server to test the report in CR - any changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back