Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print email showing attachment Office XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2004
We just upgraded to Office XP. How do I print an email that shows that the email contained an attachment?

Thanks!

Use the Print button, or File > Print.

Or are you asking something else?

Gerry

if you want the attachment to print you have two options: save & print or open & print.
can't print it unles you open or save the attachment.

Nope that's really my question. When I print the Attachment field does not show up on the my print-out. If I get a msg from ABC client with this.doc attached, I print the email there is no indication that there is an attachment to the email. I do not want to print the attachment just show that this.doc was attached went received.

Odd. When I print an email that has an attachment the attachment shows up on the printed sheet either as a icon (with the name of the attachment) within the body of the email; OR as the filename in the Attachmenmt field.

OS?

Gerry

Windows XP. If we could do it most of my users would prefer to see the icon within the body of the mail as well. I thought it was an Office XP thing that it shows up in the Attachment field. But one thing at a time!

If the email is created in Rich Text I can get a printout that shows the attachment, however if it is in HTML I can't. Is there anyway to change the format of incomming messages?

check with your email serve admin to see if he is stripping the html attachment

To print the attcahment icons , the message must be in plain text.

Open the message and using 'Edit' menu, select 'Edit this message' and
then got to 'Format' menu and select 'Plain text'

You will be able to view the message using 'Print preview'.
Printing now should show all the attcahment icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back