Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Duplicate Invoice (No data which meets the current criteria)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndininno

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2013
US
In a previous question I asked, I was given some instructions for fixing an invoice stuck in limbo.

Peter Shirley said:
If you run the pre-post invoice register after everything has posted, then the 'stuck' order/invoice should show there and you will often be able to tell why. The most common reasons are duplicate invoice number and invalid GL accounts. Looking at your list of tables that the order/invoice exists in, it is not partially posted so you should be able to correct it by doing the following;

1). Print the invoice again (by enabling the print duplicates check box).
2). Respond NO when asked if the invoice printed OK.
3). Unselect the order.
4). Review the order and make any required changes.
5). Print the order.
6). Post the order.

Note that the steps above will assign a new invoice number.

When trying to do this for another order, I get "No data which meets the criteria entered". So from OE & RMA screen, I chose Invoices>Print Invoices. Then i pick the order number from the order header file
halp_agvny3.png

And when I click start I get the error mentioned. The status on this particular order is 8.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Status 8 is selected for billing. To print an invoice that is in status 8 you would just print the invoice i.e. you would not select the 'print duplicates' option.

The 'print duplicates' option is only used when you want to take an order that is status 9 (invoice printed) and move it back to status 8 (selected for billing). This occurs when you use the 'print duplicates' option and respond NO to the 'Did the invoice print OK' question.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

I get the same error whether print duplicate invoices is checked or not. Do you know what could cause this?

If you unselected all the line items, or changed the date of the line items to be some future date, or if when you reselected you somehow put in a date date, this can happen.

Honestly just try it again, make sure of the dates, which items are to be invoiced and the qty to ship on each line. This has been working for 20+ years.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

ndininno said:
I get the same error whether print duplicate invoices is checked or not. Do you know what could cause this?

I have seen a similar problem whereby the Crystal version of the invoice print can get confused. Try using the COBOL version and see if you get a different result.

Peter Shirley

OK I tried it again using the crystal print invoices option, didn't click print duplicates. The software crashed during this, and the status is 9 now, but when I try to view under OE enter orders i get "order already invoiced. access denied" It's not showing up in the customer card either.

Crystalreportin said:
have seen a similar problem whereby the Crystal version of the invoice print can get confused. Try using the COBOL version and see if you get a different result.

Seems to be the same with both versions.

OK so new info. I'm looking at the dbo.oeordhdr_sql tableand this particular order has an inv_no, inv_dt and the selection_cd column is X. Posted is NULL. I'm wondering if I can change some values in here to get it unstuck?

The 'Order Already Invoiced' message simply refers to it being status 9.

At this stage I would take it back to a status 8, unselect it, delete the order altogether and enter a new one with the same details.

Peter Shirley

crystalreporting said:
The 'Order Already Invoiced' message simply refers to it being status 9.

At this stage I would take it back to a status 8, unselect it, delete the order altogether and enter a new one with the same details.

Delete it from teh dbo.oeordhdr_sql table or delete it from the macole ES gui?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back