Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print Current Record on Form Before Add

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadadmin

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
US
My Customer form has an "Add Record" button that writes the new record to the table. I would like the user to have the option of just adding it or adding and printing that current record (and not all the records that have been previously written). What is the best way to handle this?

My "Add Record" button works great. Do you recommend another button, say "Add & Print"? And if so, must I duplicate all my VB code in the Form_BeforeUpdate subroutine that formats custom messages for missing required fields and put it in the new Add/Print section ahead of the command to print the report?

I have written a report called rptPrintRecord that I want to use. What is the code I should use, and where to put it?

Thanks very much.

I saw this from someone's previous question and tried it but had trouble with it. Can I only print the record after it has been written to the table? Please look at my question again to help me understand this.

Thank you

I am not sure what kind of trouble you had. Please more specific about the exact problem. Also, I would suggest that you have 2 buttons ADD, Print Current Record.

In addition, are you implying that you may only want to print the current record but not save it???

An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividends.
by Benjamin Franklin
Autonumber Description - FAQ702-5106

Thanks for hanging in there with me. We would always want to add the record, and would sometimes want to print it.

The report I wrote prints a record in the table; when designing it I did not see a way to print it from the form before adding it to the table. So that implies the record must be added to the table first.

The problem I had with the Print Record button as just a print function without adding the record to the table was that it printed no record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back