Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Print at Bottom of Page' property Prints Extra Page at end of report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan77

Programmer
Jan 28, 2001
ZA
I'm using the Crystal 8 RDC with VB6. When I set the "print at bottom of page" property of the group footer, it prints an extra page at the end of the report. I have no idea how to stop it from doing this. (and it is &^$%$!@ irritating)
Unfortunately I have to have this group footer printing at the bottom of the page! Anyone have any ideas?

rowan77: In your report design select the group footer and choose Format Section and to the right of the Print at Bottom of Page hit the X2 button. Type in there NOT ONLASTRECORD. Resave your rpt file.

That's it David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

Thanks for the tip. I gave it a try, but then the footer will not print at the bottom of the page for the last record. (It has to always print at the bottom of the page).

Any other ideas?

Does the group footer have New Page After checked? If so, use a formula instead (Not OnLastRecord). Malcolm

Dave suggested that also.

I think the reason for the blank page is the existance of the report footer. When he eliminates the page break using the condition, the empty report footer prints with the last group, pushing the footer that is supposed to be at the bottom of the last page up a bit. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

I've managed to get around it by copying the controls that are in the group footer into the report footer aswell, and suppressing the group footer completely "onlastrecord" (i.e. the report footer prints instead of the group footer on the last record).
- the report footer wasn't suppressed...

Thanks!

You probably would have accomplished the same thing by simply suppressing the report footer. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back