Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print: acess denied without local admin rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwood78

Technical User
Jul 11, 2001
DE
I have a litle w2k-domain with 2 DC. One of them is the PrintServer. when a normal-user connect to a printer, the printer-windows is named like: printername AccessDenied, and the user can not manage his documents. The Problem is, that a User can only print or manage this documents, when he has local AdminRights on his machine.

we moved the printers on the other Server, but there is the same problem.

can it be, that there is a problem in the policies? but where? we adjusted those policies with another, similar domain, but the problem exists still (this has Alta Vista translated;-))

thank for your help
elwood_78

solved...

a policy was not ok... Access from the network on that computer was set on Administrators and BackupOperators. there was no problem with SP1.

we think, that the problem occures, when SP2 is installed and a policy will be updated.

thx, trotzdem...

elwood

Elwood, you mean, when installing SP2, the admin right for local printer was not updated...? So, no rights to admin groups...?

can you let me know what was the root cause...?

tnx.

Hi,
nono, the rights for the admin groups where ok...
but a normal user have had no access after the SP2-update on a printer. that domain was the first, that we have installed with SP2, and not updated from SP1 to SP2.

We deleted the entries in the policy 'access from the network on that computer'. So, everybody can now access to the computers from network. and it works...

that's it... I hope so...

Many Greetings
Elwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back