Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print a field's First Record and Last Record on Page Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGGaN

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
MX
I have this report that prints a list of documents (most of them invoices) on a given period, ordered by a reference number (refnbr).

Now they want me to print on the Page Header a legend like this: "Documents from refnbr1 to refnbr2"

where refnbr1 and refnbr2 are each the first and last records.

I was trying to make a formula to do that but I'm a little stucked in here. I appreciate any help.

How are you limiting your report to just these records? With a parameter field?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Yes, with a parameter for the document dates. By example, all the documents from 01/01/2004 to 31/01/2004

no, refnbr is a string field made of a letter and a numeration, by example: A00000123, A00000526

and my report should print on the page header a legend like:
"Documents from A00000123 to A00000526"

I can print the first record: "Documents from A00000123" but I'm having trouble getting the last record printed.

Create a max({docnumber}) field. You should be able to insert that into the header.

Lisa

Hey Lisa :-D! that's great! [2thumbsup]

IT WORKS!

And it was so simple [surprise]... Thank you, thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back