Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print a color report in Black & White??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goha

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to create a report with colors and when it prints it prints in Black & White....

This is akin to asking how you would take a color image and print it in black and white.

There are options on some print drivers to allow you to print all text as black and white, etc., perhaps that helps.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

What i am asking is there are colored bakgrounds and when it prints currently I get a shade of grey. what I want is a Black for text and white for the background NO GREY .

hope this helps

I'm sorry, I don't know of a way to do this.

Again, the printer drivers may allow for you to disallow grayscale and color printing, I have a HP DesignJet 3500 that permits this, but this would require setting the printer either via external code or manually.

I don't think that you can do this within Crystal, unless you can trap the print state somehow (I don't think that the printtime function does this), and have the report setup to suppress colorized sections and unsuppress the equivalent black and white.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

The only way to do this is to create a b&w graph AND a color graph and when the user views the report you ask them if they want to see it in B&W or in color, then hide the appropriate section so they only see the graph they want.

Selhamawy,

There are some pseudo-workarounds available to you for this.

If you're distributing the reports over the web, you could use a formula like:

//@F1 -- just put a zero in.

using the condition,

if @F1 = 1 then crWhateverYourColourIs else NoColor

Pass the 1 to the formula from the web page, but not when printing.

Naith

naith-

I am using a custom app in vb to launch the reports is there a way to do it directly from CR not from the WEB....

thanks...

In short, no. CR displays and prints in pretty much the same way, so you can't get it to differentiate.

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back