Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prime line and PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

trclubb

Vendor
Mar 20, 2009
US
just changed a customer over to PRI. they have 20 analog devices that now have to dial the access code to get to the PRI. under the prime line programing the route was not an option and the hotline feature could not get to work either

From what I remember, once you go to a PRI you loose these features. You will have to dial the access code to get to the PRI.

Curly, if I remember correctly I don't think 2nd dial tone gives it to the analog devices. So if their fax needs dial tone then intercom and 9 is the only way.

I was responding to the "assign dial tone to PRI" part of the statement.

i tried programing hotline with Prime=I/C with a dial '9' but all it gave me was silence. but the pri does not give dial tone the we just dial anyway. I think that is what yall are saying. is there any way to provide dial tone

Thanks Hawks.

trcubb
-Sets/XXX/LineAccess/ Give one Intercom key and Prime Line should be Intercom
-Capabilities/Hotline make it just a Pause which is Feature 78 to insert one.

See if that works.

"but the pri does not give dial tone the we just dial anyway"
This is why best to prime to Intercom as it has dial tone.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Not that I know of, check the fax michine maybe you can pre program the 9 there.

curley I think his fax machine needs dial tone before it will let him dial. So the hot dail feature will not work for him because it does not provide tone to the analog station. Is thie correct trclubb?

20 analog devices"
What type?

One of those time I dig my self a hole in forum but can fix in 2 minutes s when a phone is in front of me.

Start from scratch:

-Build a route to use PRI (i.e route 001 to use PRI-A)
-Set a dest code to use Route(i.e. 81 to use Route)
-Allow Set/DN access to PRI-A
-Set the Hotline to External and to dial PAUSE (F78) and 81

If they are faxes you should test with an analog phone.....this will help determine if fax has issue with dial tone.....it because you have so many is why I doubt it.

Also please post your software version or the SP code in Maintenance.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back