Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary/Secondary Coverage group on merlin legend system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2001
US
Hi,

I am trying to setup primary/secondary coverage group to cover the receptionish phone x110 when no answer. There are 5 numbers need to be in the coverage group 203,204,205,206 and 207

This is how i want it to work:

When someone call the receptionish at ext 110. If no answer, then it ring on ext 203, 2 rings if no answer then go to ext 204, 2 ring if no answer then go to next extension... when all went through with no answer, it should go to voicemail

Any recommendation would be great

Thanks

That can't be done exactly as you describe.

You can have Primary and Secondary coverage to one or more phones, up to a total of 8 coverers.

You can have 2 or 3 ring primary delayed and the balance ring 2ndary delayed and you can adjust the delay timer of both of those types of delay.

how do you set up the delay timer on those type of delay?

Thanks

Menu > System Programming > Exit/START > Extensions > More More > cover delay > set it for primary, secondary and Group.

Thanks merlinman. So there is no way to have coverage memeber ring in order. I am sure the system worked like that before they did some work and add some expansion panel.

I did the delay and still did work like i expect.

I put 2 rings delay primary, 3 rings delay secondary and 6 rings delay on group.

What happen is that my prim cov-I ring with the receptionist, then prim cov-D ring 2 rings after. Second Cov-I ring with prim cov-D and sec cov-D ring after 3 rings. If no one answer it went back to the receptionist and ring there forever without going to VM. the operator 110 is in VM group 30.

I would like it to go to the General VM 500 when no one answer. Do i need to create a VM box for ext 110?

Thanks

You could have the GROUP COVER go to another Calling Group and that could OVERFLOW to the VMAIL.

That's probably how they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back