Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary pc setting - where is it stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

68790nuiihui

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2005
GB
We have roughly 30 symbol spt 1700 and 1742 units that sync to one of our servers remotely from several uk sites, as well as various sites across europe. However, we now want to migrate all these units to a new server.

I wrote a quick batch file that syncs that palm data (c:\program files\palm\[palm scanners' name]) between the two servers until we're fully migrated, but the problem i'm having is that we need to change the primary pc for each of the scanners.

it is not practical to call all the scanners into the office as they are needed on site, so i'm hoping that the primary pc setting is stored in a prc or pdb file that we can replace on all the scanners via hotsync...

Can anyone offer any advice? Any idea where the setting is stored?

Thanks...

the primary pc setting on a palm handheld is stored in the HotSync application. This is the only place that I am aware of that it can be changed at.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

Thanks for responding LloydSev.

There is a pdb on the palm scanners named DefConnection2db_EnUS.pdb that contains the Connection Setup options, so was really hoping that the primary PC would be stored somewhere in a similar way.

Another possible way to do it though - any idea if i can set up port forwarding on the old server so that hotsync requests (TCP and UPD ports 14237 and 14237) to the old server get forwarded to the new server? Would this also cause the Primary PC setting on the handhelds to get dynamically updated? Any idea what software i'd need to us to set up port forwarding?

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back