Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Primary Filegroup Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamminjaymeyer

Programmer
May 23, 2001
US
What can I do when it say's "primary filegroup full"? I am trying to run a big DTS package that appends a lot of records.
Thanks

I guess I know why the file group is full but I am not sure why it will not grow. I have disk space available and I have the auto grow set to grow 30 % and unlimited growth. Any ideas?

I set the amount for the DB to grow to be a small number and it worked for a while but now it gives the same error. It is actually on a different Db this time?

I am having the exact same problem and I too have yet to find an answer that makes sense.[sadeyes]

Ok, I have called Microsoft support becuase I could not get any information that would give me the answer.

I found out the following:

If you are running the desktop version of SQLServer there is a database limitation of 2048 MB. No matter what you do you cannot go beyond this amount.

Resolution was: Move the database to a server then run the DTS. There are no limits set on the server.

Hope this helps.[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back